Thank you for visiting our websites. The following information explains how we handle your data in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The party responsible for the collection and processing of data described below is the body stated in the Legal Notice.
We have implemented technical and organisational measures to protect your data against unauthorised access to the greatest extent possible. We use an encryption procedure on our websites. Your information is transmitted from your computer to our server and back again over the internet using SSL encryption. This is evident from the lock icon in the status bar of your browser and from the address line which begins with https://.
Data transmission to third parties
We transmit your data to service providers who help us to operate our websites (hosting, newsletter service providers) and with the associated processes within the framework of order processing pursuant to Article 28 GDPR. Our service providers are strictly bound by our instructions and are contractually obligated accordingly.
Data transmission to third countries
In some instances, we transmit personal data to a third country outside the EU. In doing so we ensure an adequate level of data protection: In the case of [Google Analytics (USA)] a reasonable level of data protection results from participation in the EU-US Privacy Shield (Article 45 (1) GDPR).
We use session cookies and permanent cookies on our websites. Processing is carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR and in the interests of optimising/facilitating the browsing experience for users, and to customise the appearance of our website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. As we have activated IP anonymisation on this website however, Google truncates your IP address within the member states of the European Union first. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA (a reasonable level of data protection results in accordance with Article 45 (1) GDPR from Google’s participation in the EU-US Privacy Shield) and truncated there. We have entered into a contract for processing with Google Inc. (USA) in accordance with Article 28 GDPR. Under said contract, Google may only use all information to evaluate the use of our website for us and to compile reports about website activities.
You may withdraw your consent to processing at any time. To do so, please use one of the following options:
1. You can prevent cookies from being saved by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser software. We would point out however that, in this case, you may not be able to fully use all features of this website.
2. In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to the usage of the web site (including your IP address) by Google, and the processing of such data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
In our Web pages, we can insert keywords that are linked to statements about the contents of the Web site, such as products on offer. Google receives the keywords, which do not contain any personal data or sensitive information. If you visit a page that features specific keywords linked to products, Google stores the information and allocates it to your pseudonymous recognition features. The link enables Google to determine whether our advertisements are displayed to you, and if so, which ones.
Cross Device Marketing
Google can link pseudonymous features, e.g. those of your terminals such as tablets, smartphones and mailboxes, with one another technically (Cross Device Marketing). This presupposes that you have come to an understanding with Google in the past concerning such data processing. This enables Google to execute targeted advertising campaigns via various terminals.
Your data are transmitted to Google and stored in the USA. An appropriate level of data protection is provided under Article 45, Section 1 of the data protection regulations, via Google’s participation in the Privacy Shield. Moreover, we have signed a contract with Google Inc. (USA) covering job processing under Article 28 of the data protection regulations. Under the contract, Google uses all such information solely for carefully defined specific purposes, in order to assess use of our Web site for us and compile reports on Web site activities.
You can object to Retargeting at any time under Article 21 of the data protection regulations. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights as a user
The GDPR grants website users certain rights regarding the processing of their personal data:
1. Right of access (Article 15 GDPR): You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning yourself is being processed, and, where that is the case, to access the personal data and the information listed in Article 15 GDPR.
2. You have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning yourself and, if applicable, to have incomplete personal data completed.
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning yourself without undue delay where one of the grounds listed in Article 17 GDPR applies, for example where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes pursued.
3. Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR): You have the right to obtain restriction of processing where one of the requirements listed in Article 18 GDPR applies, for example where you have objected to processing for the duration of a possible investigation.
4. Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR): In certain cases, which are listed in detail in Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have this data transmitted to a third party.
5. Right to object (Article 21 GDPR): Where data has been collected on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) (data processing to protect legitimate interests), you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing at any time. We will no longer process the personal data unless there are demonstrable compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
6. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes data protection law. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority may, in particular, be exercised in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
You may contact us using the online contact form. If you use our contact form, we will ask you to supply your name, contact details and e-mail address. You may provide additional details or upload files, but this is not necessary.
The legal grounds for processing is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Your data will only be processed to answer your query or for customer service purposes and will not be stored on our servers. The data will not be transmitted to third parties.
On our websites, we offer the option to subscribe to our newsletter. If you have given us your express consent that we may send you information by e-mail about our company's products and services, this will be processed accordingly on the basis of Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the legality of any previous processing. If you withdraw your consent we will cease any corresponding data processing in the future.
If you decide in the future you no longer wish to receive the e-mail newsletter you may unsubscribe at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link contained in every newsletter.
Social Media Plugins
For reasons of data protection, we do not include social plugins directly in our website. Therefore, when you visit our pages, no data will be transmitted to social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, XING or Google+. A profile formation by third parties is thus excluded.